What To Do About Carpenter Ants On Your Norwalk Property
August 15, 2021 - Ants
They’re big, they’re mean, and they pack a powerful bite when threatened. No, we’re not talking about wolves, bears, or big cats; we’re talking about carpenter ants!
The humble carpenter ant is one of the largest ant species in North America. Measuring in at 5/8 an inch in size, these creatures are easy to spot running around the lawn or interior of the home. Interestingly, carpenter ants are not considered to be dangerous to human health. Unlike other ant species, these creatures do not cause anaphylactic shock, and rarely if ever, choose to attack humans. However, their ability to destroy your home and property is an extreme threat.
Carpenter ants find ways to attack in many ways. By chewing through wooden structures, support beams, and other home elements, these creatures make short work of our beloved properties.
Here's a brief list of all the things carpenter ants are attracted to:
- Processed protein and sugars
- Dead insects
- Honeydew secretions (from aphids)
- Pet foods
Why Carpenter Ants Are Dangerous & What You Can Do About It
Carpenter ants build large and elaborate nests inside wooden structures. Although they do not eat wood, they quickly dispose of it to make room for growing colonies. If they aren’t dealt with quickly, they can lead to serious structural concerns down the line.
Here’s what you can do to stop an infestation before it happens:
- Have the wood in your home pre-treated against wood-attracted insects.
- Reduce chronic humidity with a dehumidifier or set of desiccant bags.
- Store garbage in its proper location. This means using strong bins lined with plastic.
- Reduce wild vegetation to keep scouting ants from coming to visit.
- Store firewood at least 25 feet away from the sides of the home.
Carpenter ants can be controlled with prevention steps, active protection, and year-round support from Insecta X Total Pest Solutions.
Norwalk Homeowners Trust Insecta X Total Pest Solutions For Their Carpenter Ant Control
One of the best and most cost-effective ant control methods in Norwalk comes from Insecta X Total Pest Solutions. With more than 30 years of ongoing industry experience, hundreds of home and business owners trust our team to eliminate carpenter ants and beyond.
When you make a call to our Norwalk office, our trained professionals can jump into action to offer the best possible services:
- An initial home inspection that narrows down the species in question, as well as entry points used to access the home. Our technicians are extremely thorough and will not stop until all elements of your home have been inspected and cared for.
- Our service technicians identify the best possible treatment for carpenter ant control and begin applying products and integrated pest management (IPM) protocols to the affected areas of your home.
- Every carpenter ant treatment from Insecta X Total Pest Solutions comes with a pest-free guarantee! We promise to have your home entirely rid of carpenter ants and their deleterious effects – or we re-treat for free.
Insecta X Total Pest Solutions is your solution for carpenter ant problems, big or small. Consult with a professional in Norwalk by calling our local office, or submit an online contact form to get in touch with one of our helpful providers. We can’t wait to make a difference for your family! We also offer effective commercial pest control services.