The Key To Getting Rid Of Rodents On Your Norwalk Property
December 15, 2022 - Rodents
Learn about rodent infestations in Norwalk, CT, and how Insecta X Total Pest Solutions can help.
Common Types Of Rodents That Invade Norwalk Homes
Many different types of rodents invade Norwalk homes, so it’s important to be familiar with them to know what you’re dealing with. Below are some of the most common types of rodents you’ll find around here:
- Mice: Perhaps the most common type of rodent is the mouse. The two types you’ll find invading homes are deer mice and house mice. Professional mouse control is incredibly important since they are prolific breeders and nearly impossible to get rid of on your own.
- Rats: Like mice, there are several types of rats in Norwalk, but the ones you’re most likely to run into are the Norway rat (the common brown rat) and the sewer rat. Again, as with mice, professional rat control is always recommended because rats are infamous for their resilience and ability to survive over-the-counter pest control methods.
- Squirrels: Many people might not even know that squirrels are rodents. Unfortunately, they very much are, and they are very common home invaders here in Norwalk. Though they might be cuter than mice and rats, they can still spread serious illnesses and cause a lot of damage to your property.
The service techs at Insecta X Total Pest Solutions will arrive on the scene armed with the most advanced tools and treatments available on the professional market to handle any rodent infestation. Give us a call today; don’t let the infestation get any worse.
Rodents Around Your Home Can Spread Disease And Cause Damage
Wild rodents and the fleas they carry are why the bubonic plague spread as far and wide as it did. If left unchecked, rodents can still spread incredibly harmful diseases to people, such as hantavirus, salmonellosis, rat bite fever, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV). You don’t even have to have been bitten by one of these pests; you only need to be exposed to an infected rodent’s feces, urine, or nesting materials.
On top of these illnesses, rodents are also capable of causing a lot of physical damage to your home. They chew through walls, insulation, wires, and storage boxes, soiling your material items along the way. You don’t deserve to have your precious family heirlooms destroyed by these pests or face exposure to these harmful illnesses. Let the pros at Insecta X Total Pest Solutions handle it for you today.
Four Practical Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Home
The good news is there are things you can do to make your home less appealing to these pests. Below are four easy prevention strategies to implement today:
- Seal up entry points: The first step is to go around your home and locate any cracks, crevices, and holes. Immediately seal them up, no matter how small; most rodents can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime.
- Clear out clutter: Clean out your garage, attic, and basement. Organize your material items, and place boxes and other such things in a way that does not provide rodents with a safe place to nest.
- Fix leaky pipes and spigots: By making sure your pipes and spigots are not leaking and moisture and humidity are not building up in the air, you will make the place less appealing to them.
- Keep food properly stored: Store both human and pet food in chew-proof containers, and clean up crumbs immediately.
The service techs at Insecta X Total Pest Solutions will pinpoint conducive conditions that are making your home appealing to rodents and assist with implementing proven prevention strategies.
The Most Effective Rodent Control For Your Home
If you are looking for the most effective way to get rid of rodents, call the service techs at Insecta X Total Pest Solutions today! We treat our customers like family and believe you deserve to live in a home that is safe, secure, and pest-free. Give us a call today!