Norwalk Ant Prevention Tips for Homeowners
June 15, 2022 - Ants
The small town of Norwalk, CT, is a peaceful one where its residents enjoy an escape from the bustle of the New York and Bridgeport metropolitan areas. However, the extra nature in the area can bring about pest concerns for some homeowners.
Ants, for example, are a particular problem for some, and with so many families in the area, it is important to have dog-friendly ant control available.
Luckily, there are various ant control products safe for pets. Most of which are brought to you by ant pest control services near you, like the professionals at Insecta X Total Pest Solutions.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Homes
Unlike more southern areas of the United States, the folks in Connecticut don’t have to deal with stinging fire ants or any other super aggressive ant species. The ant control in Norwalk often addresses only three types of ants.
The three most common ants in Connecticut are:
- Carpenter Ants
- Pavement Ants
- Little Black Ants
Carpenter ants are the largest types of these three main ants and the most common reason you might need ant control in your house. These ants are known to cause noticeable destruction to wooden structures.
Pavement ants are right behind carpenter ants in their predominance in Connecticut. These ants can be found near the foundation of your house, around driveways, sidewalks, and patios.
Little back ants prefer to live in colonies outdoors and don’t often travel inside. However, they will come to your house to locate food if they must. If you see them in your home at all, it could be a sign of a more serious infestation.
The Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Home
The reason you need ant pest control in your house often stems from the problems they can cause inside.
- Carpenter ants burrow into wooden structures for their nests. Wood furniture, decks, and walls are some favorites for these pests.
- Pavement ants in excess can present an erosion problem by softening the land underneath a foundation, driveway, or patio.
- And little black ants, though not as common indoors, are a crawly nuisance, especially in the kitchen where they can find plenty of trash and crumbs to enjoy.
Ants belong outdoors, not inside your family home. Most pest management professionals can handle an ant infestation, but ant pest control starts with prevention.
Four Easy Ant Prevention Tips
There are a few simple steps you can take to reduce the risk of accidentally inviting ants into your home.
- Know the common areas ants congregate in. They like kitchens, bathrooms, and basements, so you’ll want to keep these areas tidy and free of food and water sources.
- Eliminate ant entry points inside your home. Check your weather stripping around doorways, cracks in the foundation, windowsills, and areas where utility pipes may enter.
- Having pets increases your risk of an ant infestation. Pet food and water bowls should be routinely cleaned, and their kibble needs to be stored in a sealed plastic container.
- Keep outside greenery such as bushes trimmed and mow your lawn regularly.
Don’t try to prevent ants alone! Partner with a local ant control service near you. Pest control professionals exist not just when there is a problem but before there is one as well. If you have pets, be sure to inquire about a professional’s recommendations on ant control products safe for pets.
Safe And Effective Ant Control For Norwalk Homes
The dedicated professionals at Insecta X Total Pest Solutions offer ant pest control, as well as other pest management services.
They have dog-friendly ant control that keeps ants out and your pets safe. So, you can relax and enjoy the views knowing you are able to leave ant control in Norwalk up to the professionals.